DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING | FINAL COMPILATION & REFLECTION

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING | FINAL COMPILATION & REFLECTION


29.3.2022 - 6.7.2022 (Week 1 - Week 15)

Er Xin Ru (Melanie) | 0354939 
Bachelor Of Design (Hons) In Creative Media | Taylor's University
Subject : GCD61204 - Digital Photography & Imaging

Final Compilation & Reflection


Task 1 | Exercises
- Collage Design
- Digital Collage Design

Task 2 | Exercises
- Double Exposure
- Heart Mansion & Recolouring
- Photo Manipulation

Task 3 | Final Project
- Cinemagraph


PROJECT 1A | COLLAGE DESIGN ELEMENTS

 Physical Collage Design: "Unforgetablefuturegraphy"
Figure 1 - Finalized Artwork (5/4/2022)

My Collage Design Concept: 
As a People, there are always "Picture" or "Imagination" in our minds and we hope that this "picture" will always be there forever. Capture the image in your mind that you don’t have to explain things with a thousand words. 

The whole concept is inspired by a quote: “Photographs open doors into the past, but they also allow a look into the future.” & also “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”

PROJECT 1B: COLLAGE DESIGN ELEMENTS

Figure 2 - Final Digital Collage  

“THE DISTORTIONCIETY” 


DESIGN

Element of Building, People, Fish, Gate of time, Mystery door, Endless Road, Leaves, Fisheye &, etc


This composition use lots of the design and I want to design it stands out by using element like fish eye, Gate of time, Mystery door, Endless Road to make it very mystery. I’ve also used elements of people with the eye to replace their face to represent the “Distortion of the Society”. To make everything look special and outstanding to express the meaning out and also to give viewer a powerful impression.


WEEK 5 | DESIGN EXPOSURE


Figure 3 - Double Exposure Exercise (27/4/2022)

My Final Double Exposure ( Make your own double exposure photo)


Figure 4 - Final Double Exposure Exercise (27/4/2022)


WEEK 6 | DESIGN EXPOSURE

EXERCISE 1 - SHAZAM

Figure 5 - Heart Mansion - Shazam (10/5/2022)

EXERCISE 1 - ME
Figure 6 - Heart Mansion - Me (10/5/2022)

PROJECT 2B - PART 2: RECOLOURING BLACK & WHITE

Figure 7 - Final (10/5/2022)

MY EXERCISE 2: RECOLOURING B & W PHOTO


Figure 8 - Compare Recolouring Black & White | Colour (10/5/2022)

Figure 9 - Final Recolouring Black & White | Colour (10/5/2022)

WEEK 6 - WEEK 11 | PROJECT 2C : PHOTO MANIPULATION

Fig 10 - Final Artwork (8/6/2022)


TITLE: THE AQUATECT HAND

DESCRIPTION: A hand holding a "sea" that I imagined to demonstrate the concept of impossible, exaggerated, and unreality feeling which shines out in a photograph. 

There is also a meaning to it, which is to "protect" our ecosystem, as well as to emphasize that we should always protect the sea by not damaging it, as shown in the photo, under the sea contains live things and u can see it clearly when we maintain clearness of the water.


WEEK 10-WEEK 14 | FINAL PROJECT SELF-TITLED

Fig 11 - Final Poster (6/7/2022)

TITLE: “THE INSTINCT OF BIZARRE”


ARTIST STATEMENT:

This poster/animation is named “The Instinct of Bizarre”. Why? Which there are some beliefs out there, research or chasing about something abnormal as what i’m always curious of. This questions me about why are people believing in such an odd incident. Is it out there? Or is it imagination? I always think about but it will always be a mystery.


Before creating, the concept behind this creation is to demonstrate what if the human mind is controlled by “aliens” and accidentally reveals itself due to over-controlled. 



FINAL VIDEO LINK:

FINAL REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCE
Through out this module, the biggest achievement is I've learned to use AE software. I think it is the hardest for me as I doesn't use the AE software before. Beside that, I learn how to take pictures, edit with different software and upload it to my blog. I learned a lot through the few assignment too, I believe that the knowledge I have learned through all the assignments is that can be used in the future and self improvement too.

OBSERVATION
Photoshop and After effect has many functions and actually it is quite hard for me to use, and I did do a lot of researches. I learned through the assignments and there are many more unexpected skills I've not learned and unexpected.I believe if I could adapt and master it, I would be able to create a wide variety of works. There are still so much I still need to learn, hope I will able to adapt it one day.

FINDINGS
Everything was hard in the beginning, but I've gone through and successfully done my assignments. hope I will be improve better and better by not giving up on practicing and adapting it. 


Comments

Popular Posts